Thursday, December 4, 2008

Memories

Each day is full of so many memories of my kids. I don't want to forget these so today I decided to write down one main memory for each child.




Ellie... Every night I climb into bed with Ellie and talk. Lately she has started sleeping on her top bunk. The first night I thought, well this will be a quick goodnight, but Ellie had other plans. She insisted that I climb the ladder and into bed with her. I love these times, so up the ladder I went. I love laying in bed with her and talking about our day. I hope we do this for many years to come.





Ashlyn... (Also a bedtime memory) Ashlyn is always full of energy when she climbs into bed. Many times she is giggling and wiggling all over. I've been thinking that I would love to have a special time of talking with her too but I have come to the realization that it is difficult to have "serious" conversations with her. She just wants to poke, tickle and giggle. A couple of months ago I started singing "You are my Sunshine" to her. This has now become our tradition. It's amazing how hyper she can be but when I start singing she immediately sits still and looks right into my eyes and smiles. When I finish she says "again" and I repeat the song a couple more times. It's a sweet moment.







Abby... Her hugs! She gives me the most amazing hugs. She wraps her arms around me so tight and squeezes me. Many times she gives me a pat on the back too. She is full of love, hugs, and kisses.

No comments: