Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten


Wow... kindergarten! Today was Ellie's first day. Most people know that Ellie is going to a unique private school that is part- time homeschooling. She goes to school three days a week and then I will homeschool two days. All new material is presented by the teacher and then I will reinforce the concepts on the other days. Her teacher is very organized and gives clear directions on what to cover on those days. I think it would of been a much more emotional day if she was going all day everyday, but it is still hard to believe she is in Kindergarten.
Ellie and I have a tradition that every night I climb into bed with her and we talk. This is when she opens up most to me. I heard a little about school this afternoon but was hoping to get more details tonight. Right when I laid down she said, "I was a little scared this morning because I didn't know what to expect, but I had fun. I had tons of fun. I love school." She went on to tell me all that they did during the day. Sounds like it was a success!

3 comments:

Happy Four said...

I am so pleased to hear all went well on the first day of the school year for Ellie and Ashlyn. They are going to have a splendid year!

Taylor Family said...

Yay! Glad to hear it went well. :)

Kristen said...

Ah, so big! They are growing up! I'm glad Ellie loved school!