Thursday, May 22, 2008

Picking Flowers

Last night we went over to my parents house for dinner. Ellie had been asking me all afternoon if she could pick some flowers to take to Grandpa and Grandma. I finally told her yes and she went outside. I was busy when she came back in... okay, I guess I need to be honest. I was actually laying down on the couch. Neither of the girls napped and I was REALLY tired. Anyway, I was laying on the couch and Ellie came in and said, "I need help getting the dirt off of these flowers." I asked, "What?" and she repeated it. I finally sat up and turned around and she had pulled out the entire flower root and all.

A side note about the flowers: This is a conversation I had with the girls regarding picking the flowers.

Ellie: Mom, when we get home can I pick some flowers to give to Grandpa and Grandma?
Me: Yes
Ellie: How many can we pick?
Me: Not too many because a lot of them are dying because of the hot weather.
Ashlyn: Yeah, Flowers die like Jesus died.
Ellie: Yeah, but Jesus rose from the dead.
Ashlyn: Oh, flowers don't rise from the dead, do they mommy?

No comments: